Friday 7 September 2012

They're here! They're here!

I did it - I found the courage...

So my original plan was to pick up the chickens two weeks ago. Partly time, partly procrastination, partly fear delayed me in picking them up. This Thursday I had plenty of reasons why not to go get them (it was a very bad, no good horrible, kind of day), but my personal motivator (aka Cam) reminded me that I need to do something for myself and reminded me how excited I am to be doing this. So I did it. I drove out to Western Hatcheries and picked up the 100 most cutest balls of fluff.
Guess what's inside.......
....100 lil chickens!















The drive home was adorable - all these little peeps from the back seat. I drove along a road with lots of large speed bumps and each bump was accompanied by a round of peeps and chirps from the back. So cute!!

I put the lil peckers in their new home and said a little prayer... "Please God don't let them die all at once".

And my prayers have been answered.... I have had them for over 40 hours and I have had no untimely passings! Just call me mother hen.

I hope these things get ugly and annoying in 7 weeks - other wise parting with them is going to be a painful process.


This chick I have dubbed "Dustin".... he's always thinking outside the proverbial cardboard box.... not like anyone I know ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment