Tuesday 2 October 2012

Oh how I love paperwork!

The accountant in me - loves documents


The BC Chicken Marketing Board is a wealth of information and regulators of small flock farms like ours. I was finally able to track down exact information on how many chickens I can raise and details on regulations and procedures. All inquiries I made lead to the Marketing Board. I can raise up to 2000 chickens per year and sell from the farm gate all of these. I can not sell to commercial facilities (grocery stores, etc.). So I just received a beautiful package in the mail with a wealth of reading material and this beautiful document.



Promptly after reviewing in, Cam asked me if he could hang it on the barn so that we look official.  "Look official?! We are official, baby!"

The Board is collaborating with the University of the Fraser Valley and putting a course together in November for small flock chicken farmers. Looks like I am heading to the Chilliwack campus on Tuesdays in November. Some free education? Yes, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment